ENTER The Booming Healthcare Field
Do you want to earn your paycheck by making a difference in your community? Are you a good communicator who loves caring for others? Is your goal to enter a career that’s in great demand today and offers a wide-open future?
Then you should know about Healthcare Career Pathway.
WE CAN HELP Turn Your Compassion
Into a Career
Into a Career
Healthcare Career Pathway is a partnership formed to address the critical shortage of healthcare workers. We offer a unique program that removes obstacles to success. Our goal is to help you graduate with the certification you need to become a caregiver our community needs.
Training through Healthcare Career Pathway supports you with:
- Tuition Waivers
- Streamlined Application Process
- Food and Transportation Support
- Direct Connections to Employers
- Job Placement Assistance
- Continuing Education Opportunities
Classes are held at the Mt. Diablo Adult Education campus in Concord.
START With a CNA Certification
Right now, Healthcare Career Pathway can help you gain the personal and professional skills you need to become a Certified Nursing Assistant. Earning a CNA certification is a smart way to enter the rapidly expanding healthcare field.
And if you want to earn additional certifications—and money—we’ll continue to support you. Healthcare Career Pathway can help you take the next steps to becoming a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN), Registered Nurse (RN), Medical Assistant or other healthcare jobs.
WHAT Does a CNA Do?
As a Certified Nursing Assistant, you will provide highly personal healthcare to patients in nursing and residential care facilities and hospitals. Your duties may include:
- Helping individuals bathe and dress
- Monitoring patients’ vital signs
- Updating medical records
- Assisting patients with meals and activities
- Communicating patients’ concerns to the rest of the care team
With additional training, your CNA certification can also lead to career advancement.
The Demand for CNAs is Great in Our Area
Nursing Assistant is the fastest-growing occupation in the U.S. Here is why this field is growing so fast:
- 10,000 Baby Boomers turn 65 every day
- 69% of seniors will need long-term care
- 8.3 million seniors will live in California by 2030
- 150,000 seniors already live in Contra Costa County
- 400+ long-term care facilities in Contra Costa need trained medical staff
of seniors will need long-term care
WANT TO Know More?
Fill out this form and we will contact you about becoming a CNA.